There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Welcome to Alternative Field's submission page.
We look forward to reading your work.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Please include a 75 word (or less) bio, and don't forget to include any websites. If you do not want to include a bio, just type N/A. But do include your name as you would like it to appear in publication.
- You can include your poems together in one document or you can submit poems separately.
- Please do not include any identifiers such as names or addresses in your documents. Judges will be reviewing the work blindly.
- Use the Add File button to find the work on your computer you want to submit. Select the file and click the Open button. Your file will appear in the "file" field. Please only submit .DOC, .DOCX, .RTF, or .TXT files.
- Click Submit and you're done! You'll receive an email confirming that we received your submission. You can check the status of your submission by logging into your Submittable account.
- To make sure you receive our responses, set your spam filter to allow emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our calls are open to everyone. We are especially excited to read poetry by Black and Indigenous writers and writers of color, unpublished writers, women, womxn-identified, transgender, and gender non-conforming writers, writers with visible and invisible disabilities, and writers who are caretakers.
- Submitting your poems grants us the rights to publish your work. You will retain the rights should your poem be published in the final chapbook. All poems in the chapbook are not for resale or distribution unless authorized by the writer of the poem. We will not own your work.
- We are open to simultaneous submissions, but let us know if your work has been submitted elsewhere or if you need to withdraw it.
If you have trouble using this site, click the "Help" link at the bottom of this page or email email@example.com. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having trouble with any part of this process.
Thank you for submitting to Alternative Field.